Thursday, January 7, 2010

Made it to the weekend

Well we have been back at work for a week now & for the most part it has gone fairly smoothly. I have how ever really missed the daily riding. 

Tomorrow my friend Cath who is a Pony Club instructor is going to give Rosie & I our first official lesson. I am so looking forward to it - but know that it is going to be very hard work & I am going to have to be patient with myself. I never loose patience with my horses, it's myself that I get frustrated with & angry that I cannot master the skills that I need to get the best out of my ride. Cath says I am going really very well, but I have high expectations of myself.

So tomorrow we are going to put the drop noseband on her bridle & see if this improves her putting her head up so high in a trot & canter. I don't think she has ever done any dressage work, but she does move well off the leg & always canters on the right leg so we have good basics to work with. It is also a major learning curve for me. I have always ridden Caths horses who are great & if given the right commands will respond with the right anwser, now I have to learn how to teach Rosie what I want.

i will let you know how we go after the lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.